GEORGE STRAIT RELEASES 30TH CAREER STUDIO ALBUM HONKY TONK TIME MACHINE
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Iconic entertainer George Strait continues his reign as the King of Country Music with the release today of his 30th career studio album Honky Tonk Time Machine. The brand new album, which includes Strait’s latest radio single “Every Little Honky Tonk Bar,” is now available for download HERE.
Los Angeles Times noted, "George Strait calls his new album Honky Tonk Time Machine, but it’s hard to think of a country star less in need of one of those," while Rolling Stone calls it "a signature set of Texas soul and swing."
Produced by George Strait and Chuck Ainley, Honky Tonk Time Machine includes 13 tracks, eight of which were written by Strait himself. Stand-out tracks include "Sing One with Willie" featuring Willie Nelson and Strait's version of the Johnny Paycheck classic "Old Violin." Yet, perhaps the most notable and sentimental highlight of the album is “God and Country Music.” Written by Luke Laird, Barry Dean and Lori McKenna, the song features a very special vocal guest, Strait’s grandson, Harvey Strait.
To further celebrate the release of Honky Tonk Time Machine, the Texas native will travel to Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Ga. on Saturday (March 30) to play in front of a sold-out crowd alongside openers Chris Stapleton, Chris Janson and Ashley McBryde. The performance will serve as Strait’s first visit to Atlanta since his 2014 “Cowboy Rides Away” tour.
Honky Tonk Time Machine track listing:
1. "Every Little Honky Tonk Bar" Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
2. "Two More Wishes" Written by Jim Lauderdale and Odie Blackmon
3. "Some Nights" Written by Bubba Strait, Brice Long and Phillip White
4. "God and Country Music" (with Harvey Strait) Written by Luke Laird, Barry Dean and Lori McKenna
5. "Blue Water" Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
6. "Sometimes Love" Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
7. "Código" Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
8. "Old Violin" Written by Johnny Paycheck
9. "Take Me Away" Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
10. "The Weight of the Badge" Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
11. "Honky Tonk Time Machine" Written by Bubba Strait, Brice Long and Bart Butler
12. "What Goes Up" Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Jeff Hyde
13. "Sing One with Willie" (featuring Willie Nelson) Written by George Strait, Willie Nelson, Bubba Strait and Buddy Cannon
With an unmatched 60 singles hitting the top of the charts - more than any other artist in any genre - during the span of his 30-year career, Strait is the undeniable "King of Country Music." He has collected 33 Platinum or multi-Platinum-selling albums, more than any country artist and ranking third across all genres behind only The Beatles and Elvis Presley. Strait is the only act in history to have a Top 10 hit every year for over three decades and has sold nearly 70 million albums and earned more than 60 major entertainment industry awards, including induction in the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2006.
The Country Music Hall of Famer recently played his 21st and 22nd sold-out shows at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The "Strait to Vegas" series began with six shows in 2016 and extended with 10 more in 2017. In 2018, Strait headlined Bayou Country Superfest to a sold-out Mercedes-Benz Superdome crowd in New Orleans, Louisiana, two nights in Tulsa, Oklahoma and one night in Austin, Texas. This year, fans can catch Strait at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio on June 8, two additional engagements of "Strait to Vegas" at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on August 23 and 24 and Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas on November 22 and, due to overwhelming demand, a second show on November 23, with tickets on sale now at ticketmaster.com. For more information, visit www.GeorgeStrait.com.